Well, I'm eleven days into NaNoWriMo and I have to be honest, its not been all peaches and cream. If I'm being honest, I had a good few days where I almost gave up. I said "what's the point, my story might just be boring and no one would read it anyway." I got writer's cold feet. And then I thought "What if." in the only way a person really wants what-ifs, the positive way. What if, it is a good book. What if, people do want to read it. What if, it's spot is already marked on the best sellers list of the future. What if, I never write it and we never know?
So I started back up, I huffed and puffed and gave myself a second wind. And man oh man am I happy that I did. As of right now, I have submitted/written 16,076 words for NaNoWriMo and I'm keepin em coming. Its been rather cold and downright freezing here in Luna lately. Like this morning, when I got up it was 6 degrees, yes, SIX degrees outside. Brrrr is what I'm sure you're thinking right now! So when I get up and get moving I convince myself that the only way to get my fingers to warm up is to start typing quickly! (Hey, it works.)
Despite my setback I'm really catching up to my goal quickly. I'm happy to say that though 50,000 words is a LOT of words to reach still, I'm getting close to 20,000 words. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be at 30,000 words... so on and so forth, you get my hint? I'll make the goal, even if I have to stay up all night on November 30th to reach it. I signed up for this challenge, and I'll damn sure finish it.
Thanks again for all the support, I hope to reward you all with something soon and pray that when my book comes you, you'll be the first to reach for a copy.
No comments:
Post a Comment