"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I’d type a little faster." ~Isaac Asimov
As I posted previously.. I am going to attempt to do NaNoWriMo this November. I was thinking of writing a completely different novel than the one I am working on, especially after reading on the site that they delete the darn things we work so hard on right after we upload them and get a word count. My first thoughts, I'm not going to work my butt off on a novel I want to publish just to have them delete it. But then I'm reading a message board for NaNoWriMo support and someone mentions Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen which is on the bestseller's list and soon to become a film was written during NaNoWriMo.
Light bulb! Just because THEY delete it, doesn't mean that I have to! Oh and by the way, I've written 13,012 words so far in the ten hours I've put into just my outline.. So, NaNoWriMo.. here I come! I say doing 50,000 in 30 is a good way to kick start a novel.. now if I can only train myself into doing it for thirty days a month until its finished... maybe I will be able to meet my goal of having my book published in 2011 after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment